Sunday, April 30, 2023

Norse Mythology for Kids Book



When I posted in my newsletter about my efforts to clean out my bookshelves and donate books that we were no longer planning to read, some people asked me about the books I was keeping. Today I'm sharing one of those books, Norse Mythology for Kids: Tales of Gods, Creatures, and Quests by Mathias Nordvig, PHD. This beautiful volume, filled with exciting adventures from Scandinavian culture and illustrated with rich color illustrations by Meel Tamphanon, is published by Rockridge Press and contains a glossary to explain unfamiliar words to young readers. You'll also find an index, references, and a list of books for further reading. It's a great introduction to help kids learn about the myths that inspired early Vikings.

My novel Frigg's Journey to Anasgar owes its roots to Norse Mythology and this is just one of the books that inspired me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy St Patrick's Day!

  The Nadavir Gang wish you a very Irish St. Patrick's Day!